Hi Nanette here - so Rochelle & I are pretty obsessed with essential oils - she's the super duper expert and teaches me stuff all the time! In my other life I'm a realtor so I asked Ro for some tips on great oils to use in the house, thinking it would be so helpful to clients listing their homes, or good info for new home buyers to get into their new house and make it delicious. She gave me great ideas so I wrote a blog post over on my RocknRealty blog but thought it would be fun to share here too with all you goddesses!
Oils can be used in a ton of ways for the home - cleaning, odor eradicating, spirit uplifting, good vibe making, cooking even! You can use these tips if you just want to make your brand home as toxic free and groovy as possible, or if you are thinking about selling your house these are AMAZING for clearing out any stuffy odors, creating a loving & enticing ambiance.
On to the 5 oils - aside from some specific applications I mention - all the oils can be diffused in a diffuser to make the air deeeelicious
- Lavender - mmmm Lavender is well known for it's relaxation properties and all round sweet scent. In the home you can combine it in a spray bottle with water and freshen up your mattress, or linen closet or just the air. Diffusing it will give a sense of calm and relaxation to the environment
- Lemon - this is probably one of the most versatile of all oils. Try adding a drop or two to water! It's super good for cleaning, add to a spray bottle with water for cleaning surfaces and countertops, you can polish furniture just by adding a few drops on the wood, soak a cloth with it to preserve and protect leather. Diffusing it creates an uplifting feeling!
- Envigorating Blend - ohhh my this one is a bland of Orange, lemon, grapefruit, mandarin, bergamot, tangerine, clementine & vanilla. It's dreamy and envigorating. Can also be used for cleaning surfaces, and smells amazing. Add a drop or two to dryer sheets for good smelling laundry. Diffusing can put you in a good mood!
- Protection blend - an amazing mix of Wild Orange, clove, cinnamon, eucalyptus, rosemary - this one is great for immune support. Diffusing it purifies the air and is also energizing. Use it for wiping down surfaces
- Cleansing blend- this blend has lemon, lime, siberian fir needle (what??), Austrian fir needle (what again?), citronella, melaleuca (aka tee tree oil), and cilantro. This one truly eradicates any funky smells, diffuse it to totally clear the air, wipe down surfaces, put some on a cotton ball and put it in the air vent, add a few drops to the rinse cycle of your laundry. This is all especaially good when you want your house to smell great without that overwheling chemically smell of the typical plug in type air fresheners. Bonus Tip - diffuse a combo of cinnamon & clove & ginger around the holidays to get in the festive season!
We would love to hear how you are using oils in you home! Also, hit us up if you have any questions about how to use oils and diffusers and all that jazz
Breathe & Shine gals